With a vegan diet and zero figure coming in trend, most of the people are not including dairy products in their diet. Dairy products offer a pool of key nutrients like calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and potassium which are vital and essential to a human body. Despite the established benefits for bone health, some people just neglect taking dairy products as they think dairy products will be detrimental to their weight. Intake up to three servings of dairy products appear to be safe and confer benefits for bone health.
Five reasons why you must consume dairy products:
These reasons will propel you to make a wise and informed decision about consuming dairy products as part of a balanced diet.
- Eliminate the risk of the diseases: Dairy products eliminate the risk of various diseases; like cardiovascular disease, bone diseases, Joint diseases etc.
- Nutrients: Apart from four key nutrients- calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and potassium, dairy products are rich in protein, calcium, and vitamins.
- No weight gain: You can even control gaining weight by in taking dairy products. It’s a common misconception that if you take dairy products, it will result in the gain. The trick is choosing the right variants. Go for Greek yogurt, skim milk instead of ice cream, or hard cheese etc.
- Vitamin D intake: Vitamin D intake is seldom found in most of the food products. That’s why today, the majority of the people have Vitamin D deficiency. You can anytime overcome the deficiency by consuming milk products and of course, early morning sunlight.
- Greater Satiety: Another reason for including dairy products is that it stuffs your stomach in less quantity. Have a glass of milk or cottage cheese, and you can work for hours.
So, these were a few advantages of having dairy products. We hope you found them helpful enough to include them in your diet.